I attended the BlogWorld Conference and New Media Expo 2010 last year and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I am attending again this year as well. The conference is in Vegas in October—a perfect time to visit there! Anyway, the early registration ends tomorrow. After that the price starts going up over time. So if you want to attend for a great price get in now. Also available now is a 20% off coupon code: Use EBIRD when registering!
Until midnight CST Thursday (I confirmed that this is the midnight between 7/15/2010 and 7/16/2010) Blogworld is $300 for the weekend or $600 for the full conference with the Social Media Business Summit. After that the prices go up by $95. So, why attend Blogworld? And, should you attend the Thursday Social Media Business Summit sessions?
- Sessions are numerous and there are specific tracks on a wide variety of topics. So, whether you want to explore tech issues, monetization, content creation, promotion, etc, there will be something for you.
- The keynotes are quality and entertaining.
- The expo is great, with a full range of companies and services attending. Last year, as I pretended it was Halloween and wandered around gathering conference swag, I learned about some neat new services that I was unaware of, such as Regator and Ligit (which also had comfy CC California T-shirts as swag).
- Fun parties. What good would a conference be without fun parties? Blogworld has an official one every night, plus there are numerous unofficial parties and tweetups. So, there are plenty of opportunities to meet fellow bloggers.
- It is in Vegas. Further, it is at Mandalay Bay, so you can hit up the strip much easier than last year when many were staying at the Hilton.
In regard to the Thursday sessions:
Things look to be slightly different this year. Last year, I did not get much out of the Thursday sessions because they were geared mostly to businesses seeking to learn more about using social media, making them irrelevant to me. This year, however, Darren Rowse of Problogger and Chris Garrett are organizing a problogger track to run on Thursday. That should interest a good number of people, including those who do not necessarily work full-time at blogging but who want to learn more about monetization and the business aspects of blogging. It certainly changed my mind on attending Thursday this year! I was going to skip that day, but now I will be there.
Also note that if you are a corporate blogger or work for a business that is interested in exploring the use of blogging and social media for promotion, the social media business summit is perfect for you.
So, there you have it! Prices go up a couple of more times during the summer, which the first hike at midnight Thursday, so register now to save, plus add that EBIRD coupon code!
If you register let me know! I would love to meet you at the conference!
Note, this post uses affiliate links. Using them is certainly not mandatory, but it does help me with costs so that I can afford to continue to provide this type of information. Thanks!
Shop Our Favorite Stores!