Elizabeth Arden has a set of new Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturizers. These tinted mineral makeup moisturizers have SPF 15 protection and give medium coverage. Many, if not most, tinted moisturizers are very sheer, so it is refreshing to come across ones that actually provide some real coverage, and these are more akin to a liquid mineral makeup than to a standard sheer tinted moisturizer. Four shades are available.
Below are swatches of the Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish shades. They do blend in pretty well, so even though they might stand out on the skin in the swatch, they do blend in to match quite well with any skin tone that is generally close to the shade. I added powder over mine as well, which blended things seamlessly. For example, I actually wear the second level shade, even though it looks too dark or too yellow in the swatch. Once blended though, it matches me perfectly.
From left to right: Fair, Light, Medium, Deep:
I found that the product wore quite well. It give the skin a luminous look and provides a comfortable, light moisture. Ingredients in Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturizer include:
- Microlight Minerals – Natural mineral pigments that incorporate Mineral Mica, which acts as an optical diffuser to soften the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Antioxidants and Vitamins A, C and E – Moisturize and provide antioxidant protection.
- Dionysis Extract – An extract of the Sea Campion Plant which acts to slow the effects of free radicals and provide strong antioxidant protection.
- Squalane – Botanically derived from olives, this ingredient brings back the natural feel of your skin’s own moisture.
- Jojoba Esters – Act as a barrier for water loss to keep moisture in the skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – A powerful skin moisturizer.
- Oil free, talc free and fragrance free.
You can buy these at the Elizabeth Arden website linked above or look for them in department stores and at specialty makeup stores. Most of those do not seem to have them online yet.
Disclosure: This review in based on products given to me by a representative of the company. For more, please se my disclosure page.