Have you ever found yourself letting your personal care routine slip a bit when traveling or when your schedule gets rushed? When life gets busy, looking and feeling good during all of the rush can seem difficult, but it doesn’t have to be! Keep your cool, stay upbeat, and follow these simple tips for taking care of yourself when traveling or during those times when your schedule keeps you on the go.
(1) Drink lots of water: Staying hydrated will keep your skin looking fresh, keep you looking and feeling cool, and can ward off headaches caused by dehydration. Air travel is especially dehydrating, So, when traveling by plane, grab an extra bottle of water in the airport to take with you so that you will have plenty of fluid and won’t have to wait for service.
(2) Wear a moisturizing sunscreen: It can be easy to forget sunscreen while on the go, but wearing it can do more than simply keeping your skin protected from the sun. With a moisturizing product, you can also keep your skin hydrated and looking fresh. I like to use a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen to cover several beauty steps at once.
(3) Look for double duty products: Many beauty products these days are designed to address several factors at once. For a busy person on the go, they can be great time savers. For example, look for sunscreen with moisturizers and antioxidants or treatment actives to both protect your skin and treat any issues. Moisturizing one step shampoo and conditioner can simplify your hair care routine. Grab a dry shampoo for days when you need to just quickly freshen up your hair. Tinted moisturizer with sunscreen can be a great substitute for foundation that is quick and easy to apply. A tinted lip balm made with natural oils will give you a pop of color and keep your lips hydrated at the same time.
(4) Keep hair and makeup simple and natural: There is no need to fuss over makeup when you are busy. You can still look and feel nice by wearing an easy and natural look that won’t take as much time or effort to apply. I like to aim for a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen, a single neutral eye shadow, light blush (or sometimes I even skip the blush), mascara, and a tinted lip balm. The look is easy to apply and touch up on the go. Aim for a simple look with your hair, or put long hair up into a neat pony tail or bun if you don’t have time to style it.
(5) Make a travel beauty kit: Put together a purse sized kit of beauty products and samples for touch ups on the go. Include a plastic bag for air travel and put your travel sized liquids in it. I fill small travel sized bottles with my favorite items. Think about including the following: A small travel size makeup palette that includes a mirror and that has neutral makeup shades for an easy natural look, sample size mascara, tinted lip balm, and a small bottle of tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. I also like to toss in some staples such as aspirin, an emery board, a regular sunscreen with antioxidants, a travel toothbrush, paste and floss, a travel size brush, a ponytail holder, and a sample size deodorant. I keep my kit in a cloth pouch that I can easily toss in my purse at anytime that I think I might need it.
(6) Find a moment for yourself: Being busy doesn’t mean that you have to forget about your well being. Take a few minutes here and there for yourself. Get a quick airport massage, read something enjoyable on the plane for a few minutes instead of diving right into work, stop for a relaxing tea or pick-me-up latte and savor it for a bit. Just a few simple “me” moments can keep you feeling and looking relaxed and fresh.
These are just a few of my tips for taking care of yourself on the go. Do you have any tips of your own?
Sun exposure, free-radicals, environmental toxins and a busy lifestyle can rob your skin of essential nourishment, resulting in noticeably stressed skin that looks dry, tired and blotchy. The AVEENO® SMART ESSENTIALS™ Collection, formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Southerwood, keeps environmental stress out and keeps essential nourishment and moisture in. The collection features a full regimen of daily skincare products that cleanse, nourish, protect and treat stressed skin, leaving it nourished and refreshed. For more information, visit Aveeno.com.
1. Disclosure: Compensation was provided by AVEENO® SMART ESSENTIALS™ via Glam Media
2. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or
positions of AVEENO® SMART ESSENTIALS™
For our full site disclosures, please see the disclosure page.
Advertisements and Sponsors
Shop Our Favorite Stores!