Do you love feeling beautiful and pampered, but hate spending a small fortune on luxurious spa treatments? No matter what your budget, you can find a way to indulge in pedicures, beauty masks, massages, facials and any other beauty treatment — and still have money left to pay the rent.
1. Build Your Own Spa
Reward yourself after a tough week at work by spending a full morning or afternoon in your very own private spa. You can turn your bathroom into an oasis of relaxation and luxury for a very reasonable cost. Here are some tips for creating a perfect home spa day:
• Treat yourself to a store-bought facial mask, moisturizer, body scrub, nail polish, pumice stone and similar beauty products that appeal to you. Check the ingredients list before making your selection; in many cases, expensive brands contain virtually the same ingredients as less expensive brands.
• For a more comfortable atmosphere, clean your bathroom thoroughly the day before your home spa day.
• Hang a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the bathroom door.
• Light a scented candle, and then relax with a long, hot bath.
• Put on a plush robe.
• Take yourself through a whole beauty routine, including giving yourself a pedicure and a manicure and applying a facial mask. Be sure to take your time and have fun trying out the different beauty products you treated yourself to.
2. Visit a Local Beauty School
Beauty school students are in constant need of people on whom to practice. Many of these schools offer their own open-to-the-public salons that charge extremely low prices simply to give their students additional practice time. By the time the students are allowed to work on paying customers, they are well versed in their skills and knowledge of skincare, hair care and other beauty techniques. These students simply must log enough hours working on clients before they are allowed to be legally licensed. Such students are also constantly supervised by their instructors, so you can be sure you will be in good hands.
3. Hunt Down Discounts
Becoming an avid seeker of beauty discounts — it is sure to pay off. The recent economic downturn means that many salon and spa owners need new customers; hence, they often go to great lengths to attract them. For example, many popular deal sites like Groupon and LivingSocial offer ongoing discounted rates to local salons and spas. Also, try following your favorite salons on Facebook and Twitter; many give out impressive discounts to their followers on a regular basis.
Sites like Amazon can be a great place to shop for your favorite beauty products. Nearly every major beauty and cosmetic manufacturer sells their products on Amazon at a much lower price than that found in most department stores.
You do not have to choose between your budget and feeling pampered and beautiful. With a little creativity and determination, you can have the best of both worlds.
Post contributed by Tyla Morgan, on behalf of Hair Free
Shop Our Favorite Stores!