Holiday party makeup is all about glamour. It is a time for sparkle, intense colors and festive looks that you would not normally wear during the day. Here are some tips to help bring your holiday festivities to life.
(1) Use bold colors on your lips to completely change your look. Use a bright red over the lips and top with a collagen plumping gloss.
(2) Bronzer is a great addition to party makeup. This is especially true during the winter months. Use a full body brush to create a sun-kissed looked.
(3) Create a smoky eye with a palette of blues, grays and purple. Prime your eyes by dabbing a small amount of foundation on the lid. Use a moistened eye shadow brush to draw a line across your upper eyelashes with the darkest eye shadow. Use a medium shade across the lid, and then use the lightest shade from the crease up to your brow. Brush a small amount of pearl color under your eye and in the corners to make your eyes seem larger.
(4) Apply a light dusting of glitter makeup across your face and neck. A good product to try is Urban Decay Marshmallow Sparkling Lickable Powder. Not only will you add sparkle to your look, but you will taste delicious.
(5) Use a metallic highlighter just on the inside of your lower lashes. Use the same liner from the corner of your eye on your upper lashes to the outside corner. The extra sparkle will help your eyes pop and appear larger. Urban Decay is great in this department as well.
(6) Apply pink blush to the apples of your cheeks. Try to mimic the natural look of children’s cheeks. The fresh rosy appearance will make you look younger.
(7) Use fake lashes to make your eyes appear bigger. Top the lashes with a colored mascara to draw attention to your eyes.
When creating a look for the holidays, keep in mind that you want to attraction attention but try not to overdo it. If you add bright color to your lips, avoid a bright color on the eyes. Accentuate your best feature without going overboard. Top the look with a light fragrance that is different from the one you wear during the day. Choose one that will highlight your femininity without being overpowering. The most important thing to remember is to have fun.
Shop Our Favorite Stores!