Everyone has favorite products that they use over and over. When those people are beauty bloggers, it gets interesting. After all, if beauty bloggers use the same thing repeatedly, it must be good right? That is why I am excited to see what everyone comes up with for this edition of Makeup Wars: The beauty products we use over and over again.
Here is my list of the top six things I repurchase:
(1) L’Oreal EverPure Shampoo and Conditioner: This is an easy to find and generally affordable sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I use sulfate free to help keep my color looking sharp, because I do Keratin straightening, and because sulfates in shampoo cause acne around my hair line. When I am not testing other sulfate free brands for the blog, this is what I buy over and over again. I use the volume version because I have an oily scalp and it seems to work best with that.
(2) Kate Somerville Exfoilkate: I have lost track of how many tubes of Exfolikate I have used. This is my absolute go to exfoliator. It has a gentle scrub and stronger enzyme ingredient that provides both manual and chemical exfoliation. I use it in the shower every couple of days and leave it on my face while I condition my hair. With regular use, it has kept my skin bright and it has helped with my acne. When I have run out without replacing it right away, I always noticed the effect of not using it. So now I always make sure to order more before it is gone!
(3) PCA Skin Care PHaze 13: I have battled melasma for ages and this is the only over the counter product that ever helped fade it. I do buy this one less now because, when I quit taking birth control pills, my melasma finally faded significantly, but I still use it every couple of days just to keep things at bay.
(4) Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation: This is my go to moisturizer. It includes anti-aging ingredients and skin brighteners. It also has a light feel to it, which works well with my oil skin. I like using it in conjunction with the PCA serum to help lessen hyperpigmentation from melasma.
(5) Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot Treatment: I have issues with adult acne and this spot treatment works better for me than any other I have tried. So, I buy it over and over again.
(6) Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm: I am a lip balm addict, and I test many different kinds, but when I am purchasing, I almost always grab Badger Balms. Their big cocoa butter balms feel great, taste great, and are oversized, so they last a long time. I do have a runner up here as well, Mission Lip Balm, which I repeatedly buy for running. It is a thicker, waxier balm, so it stays on longer and it has SPF 15.
Want to see more? Click through the links below to see what other beauty bloggers regularly repurchase!
Shop Our Favorite Stores!