Coconut oil has always been popular for cooking, but did you know that you can incorporate it into your beauty routine? Keep reading to discover five new ways that you can use coconut oil to improve your skin, hair and so much more!
1. Makeup remover- not only will this remove the makeup, but it will deeply moisturize your skin. Take about one tablespoon of coconut oil and rub into your skin in a circular motion. Not only will yur skin be clean and fresh, but it will be supple and moist.
2. SPF 4 sunscreen- sure, that’s not adequate protection against the sun, but hey it might come in handy for something!
3. Massage Oil- stimulate circulation and relax your senses by warming a little coconut oil and massage the stresses of the day away.
4. As a lip moisturizer- You can apply it to the lips as is, or you can mix it with some Vaseline for extra hydration. Want to make it tinted? Sprinkle a little kool-aid (pick your favorite color) and mix in the coconut oil and Vaseline!
5. Deep conditioner- Give your hair a superior hot oil treatment using coconut oil. Warm 4 tablespoons of oil and massage into the hair and set with a plastic cap. Sit under a dryer or wrap the head in a warm towel for about 30 minutes. Shampoo and rinse. Your hair will be soft, smooth, hydrated, and shiny!
When shopping for a coconut oil, always look for a virgin because it is rich in Lauric Acid, no solvents are used in processing and they are free of trans fats (just in case you wanna cook with it too). I personally like Tropical Traditions Gold Virgin coconut oil. It comes in many sizes, but the smallest is a pint and you can snag it for $19.95.