NOTE: If you are an seo company, eCommerce brand or store, coupon site, or provider or services, please contact us for our sponsored post rates and policies on our sites (we own multiple beauty and fashion sites, each with different rates and policies). We no longer provide free guest posts/advertising to people in these categories but are happy to work with you on paid placements.
Beauty and Fashion Tech and Girl Gloss welcome high quality guest posts from other bloggers. However, because of a glut of low quality submissions, and submissions seeking what is essentially free advertising, we have become very selective in what we run and now accept only unique, high quality articles from high quality content sites such a other beauty and fashion blogs or personal sites for independent stylists.
We no longer accept free guest posts that link to ecommerce sites, professional services, coupon aggregators, directories, or that are submitted by SEO companies.
Please submit only unique, interesting, or highly useful articles, such as makeup tutorials, makeup look ideas with original photos, or extremely well written informative pieces on unique topics. Generic topics will probably be rejected.
In light of this, we have a few basic rules.
(1) Who may provide posts: We accept guest posts only from other beauty and fashion (or otherwise highly related) blogs and content websites to help fellow bloggers build their own brands and business. In the case of affiliate marketers, we will run items from high quality content sites related to our niche, but be aware that we may have to reject some posts if they are in direct competition with our own marketing efforts and your site must be a high quality content oriented site that focuses on beauty and fashion. Links must go to the content portion of your site (i.e. to your blog), not to a sales landing page. Quality is essential here. We do not run guest posts that link to low quality exact match domain name type sites or to coupon aggregators.
Effective June 2012, we no longer accept guest posts from ecommerce companies or professional services. We view these types of posts as advertising rather than promotion of content sites. If you are a brand or have an online store and wish to place content on Beauty and Fashion Tech or Girl Gloss, please see our advertising page. Some exceptions may be made for very small indie companies that do not compete with our affiliated merchants or advertisers AND who have a quality content area on their site or a blog. However these exceptions rare. The article must be of extremely high quality in interest and must link to the content area of the site. Such companies must avoid specific product or brand reviews of the company and are limited to a single link. We will publish only the best of articles from such companies-i.e the article must be particularly well written, interesting, compelling, and unique. For example, a post with original photos of makeup swatches comparing the best blue eye shadows, or a tutorial on a makeup application look with original photos would be compelling and unique. An article on the best shoes for summer would not be. Please be aware that acceptance is not likely with generic articles. We don’t dislike ecommerce or anything, in fact we appreciate your link building efforts, but ecommerce requests have become overwhelming, they compete with our own advertising efforts, and we are unable to distinguish between companies who have run into trouble with search engines based on their past link building efforts and those who have a clean back-link history. Hence, this new policy.
Beginning mid-June 2012, we no longer accept posts from SEO firms or advertising agencies.
(2) Topics: Guest posts must be on a topic related to beauty, skin care, hair care, fashion, style, women’s fitness, or accessories. Absolutely no guest posts will be accepted that would not be appropriate in topic and reading for teens or young adults and we do not accept guest posts for dietary supplements, fad diets, or other questionable products. Use common sense.
(3) Original Material Only: Guest posts must be original content and not in violation of any copyright. The content must also be prepared exclusively for our site(s) and not later be duplicated elsewhere. By submitting a guest post, you warrant that you have all appropriate copyright or license for the words and any other material, such as photos, that might be included and accept responsibility for any damages that might occur as a result of any copyright violations or defamation caused by your material.
(4) Links: Guest posts may not have no more than one self serving link in the body of the article and two links in the author’s bio section. They may not include affiliate links. Ecommerce companies who are allowed to guest post may not have links in the article body.
(5) Writing and Editing: Guest posts are expected to be well written with meaningful content and grammatically correct. We reject any guest posts that are submitted with poor grammar and structure and we reserve the right to edit posts for grammar and punctuation without notification.
(7) Copyright and License: You give Beauty and Fashion a Girl Gloss a perpetual license to retain and publish your guest post. With that said, we will normally remove a guest post upon a request from you.
(6) No contract: Acceptance of a guest post is gratuitous on our part. There is no binding contract for services or performance from us. We reserve the right to remove or alter guest posts at any time and for any reason. We don’t anticipate doing so absent a violation of one of the above rules, but regardless, we do reserve this right.
If you would like to submit a guest post, please contact us.
Shop Our Favorite Stores!