(1) For Daily Use: For daily use, I like to layer Estee Lauder Day Wear moisturizer, SPF 50, under a foundation that also has SPF. Since I often wear powder foundation, this gives me several layers of protection that often use different sunscreen ingredients. Plus Daywear is a nice light and fresh smelling daily moisturizer that works for most skin types.
(2) For Touch Ups Over Makeup: Many sunscreens break down quickly in sunlight, so they need to be reapplied fairly often. Doing that over makeup can be tricky, and that is where powder sunscreen comes in handy. Colorscience Sunforgettable comes in a tube with a built in brush for easy application over makeup. This is also a physical blocking sunscreen, so it won’t break down in sunlight the way chemical sunscreens do. I almost always have a tube of this in my purse in the summer. I originally got this as a press sample and have repurchased it multiple times.
(3) For Running: I am a distance runner and so I need a powerful sweatproof sunscreen when I am running. My favorite for this is Mission Sunscreen, which is designed with athletes in mind. It stays put and doesn't seem to cause breakouts for me, which some of the other waterproof/sweatproof sunscreens do. This is another item I first got as a press sample and then repurchased.
(4) For My Lips: Don’t forget your lips! They need sunscreen too! Just as I do for running, I also often lean to Mission for this. Mission Lip Balm is a great sport lip balm that wears long and has SPF 15 protection.
Click through the photos below to see more favorite sunscreens from the Makeup Wars beauty bloggers!
This week, Makeup Wars looks at the best waterproof makeup. I don’t wear a lot of waterproof items, but I do have a few favorites that I particularly like to get out for hot and humid weather. Sweating off your makeup is no fun, so these items are great for avoiding that!
(1) Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes: Aqua Eyes are the ultimate in waterproof eyeliner. These liners come in a ton of shades, are soft and easy to apply, and then they stay put. I have swam with these on before and the color didn’t budge. However, they remove just fine with a good eye makeup remover such as Lancome Bifacial, or you can remove them super easy with an oil cleanser such as DHC Deep Cleansing Oil.
(2) Diorshow Waterproof mascara: Diorshow is one of my favorite mascaras and the waterproof version stay put and looks great. This is a cult classic mascara for reason!
Here is a new item that I really want to try!
(3) Tarte Aqualillies Eye and Cheek Palette: This new Tarte Aqualillies palette has been getting good reviews and claims to be waterproof. The color selection is also great for summer. I fully intend to order this and give it a try!
See more great waterproof selections at the links below!