Women are always on the search for the best drugstore mascara. Everyone wants to find mascara that will give superb separation, plump lashes without clumps, great definition and length, and resists smudging, and many of us are on a budget. Fortunately, at the drugstore level, there is an affordable mascara formula to suit anyone’s eyelashes. Good mascara combined with a great technique is the key to great looking eyes. Below are a few of the best inexpensive mascara choices.
The Best Cheap Mascara
Great For Volume: Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
The best mascara to make your lashes full and lush is Cover Girl Lash Blast in very black. The Cover Girl mascara will make your lashes super long and adds volume. The brush is perfect it will separate your lashes and you will be able to apply two coats without any clumps.
Best Waterproof Mascara: Maybelline Volume’ Express One by One Waterproof Mascara
The best inexpensive mascara to resist water and smudging is Maybelline Volume Express in Blackest Black. Maybelline volume catches coats and de-clumps every single lash with instant volume, lash by lash. With the turbo brush you can get five times the volume yet removes easily.
Top Drugstore Mascara for Length and a Dramatic Look: L’Oreal Telescopic
A top mascara for dramatic lashes is L’Oreal Telescopic, which will create clump free beautiful lashes. Not only is the price right it delivers incredible length for that ultra dramatic look.
Best For a Natural Look: Maybelline Full and Soft Mascara
Mascara for gorgeous natural looking lashes is Maybelline Full and Soft. This mascara leaves your lashes very full and oh so very soft. No crunchy hard lashes here.
One Full of Controversy: Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
Maybelline Great Lash is a classic mascara; it has been around for a very long time, but women tend to either love it or hate it. Some maintain that Maybelline Great Lash Mascara leaves your lashes looking longer, thicker, and darker and report that it adds volume, applies evenly, and has a great brush. Others (myself included) maintain that it is too watery and smudges easily.
Mascara Tips for Great Looking Lashes
- For long lashes wiggle the mascara wand left to right at the base of the lashes. Remember that the mascara that is placed near the roots of the lashes is what gives the illusion of length.
- To separate lashes wiggle the mascara wand up through the lashes. This is essential because it separates the lashes.
- Remember not to pump the wand of the mascara. Pumping the wand puts air in the mascara which causes clumping. Wiping the brush with a tissue before applying will also help prevent clumps.
- Curl lashes with an eye lash curler before applying mascara for the most eye popping and dramatic look.
- Remember to change out your mascara every three months for health reasons as well as quality of the product. After three months bacteria can began to grow inside the container.
Mascara is one of the most versatile products you can buy. It can be worn all by itself for a very subtle effect, or combined with other make up products for striking results. Therefore, with a little knowledge and effort you too can find the bests mascara for you. Experiment with your makeup, it is frustrating not to get the results you expect. To achieve the big bold look at me lashes you may have to try different brands and or techniques to achieve the desired results. Do not be afraid of trying different things. You never know you might just find the perfect effect, after all effect is what you are after.