Beauty and Makeup Trends
For Fall and Winter 2011, get set to go back in time to classic retro looks with modern updates. Here are the best makeup looks inspired by the fashion week runways and how to achieve them at home.
Comeback beauty looks include the deep-set dark eyes. Seen on both the 3.1 Phillip Lim, Dior and Zac Posen runways were the dramatic smoky eyes reminiscent of the 1920s.
- Coat lids with a primer to prevent creasing and create a long-lasting look.
- Using a deep black eyeliner, draw a line around the eye, smudge slightly with a brush to create a smoky effect.
- Next use a bright jewel colored eyeshadow on the lid.
Statement blush for fall/winter 2011 not only creates a rosy glow for the colder months, but also adds a little joy into makeup. This snow angel look was seen at DKNY, Stella McCartney and Marc Jacobs.
Using a pink shade, dap color onto the apples of the cheeks and above the jawline. Do not use bronzer for this look, as you want your appearance to seem youthfully round and not chiseled.
Unexpected on the runway for Fall/Winter makeup are spiky spider lashes. Seen on the runways of Gucci, Lanvin, and Alberta Ferretti were cloggy, chunky eyelashes. This season go for the fake look!
- Quickly swipe two coats of mascara onto your top lashes before they dry and then when half way dry add extra mascara onto the ends of the lashes for the spiky fuller effect.
- For the bottom lashes, use a smaller mascara brush and repeat the same steps.
Heavy Metal Makeup
Metallic makeup touches are always popular for the fall/winter season and 2011 is no exception. Think more futuristic beauty for an updated style. Both Derek Lam and Rodarte sent models down the runway with hints of silver, gold and bronze.
- Use a cream eyeshadow in the metallic shade of your choice and apply in the inner corners of the upper eyelid for a simple look.
- For a heavier look add a metallic eyeshadow in a darker shade, of the same cream eyeshadow color, along the upper eyelid in a think line.
Top Beauty/Makeup Buys this Fall/Winter 2011
- Yves Saint Laurent OMBRES 5 LUMIERES, 5 Color Harmony For Eyes in 11 Midnight Garden for jewel colored eyes.
- Stila Custom Color Blush in Self-Adjusting Coral for the statement blush look.
- Lorac Blush in Pink for the statement blush look.
- Covergirl NaturalLuxe Mousse Mascara & the Clinque Bottom Lash Mascara for the spiky eyelash style.
- Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Color for the metallic touches look.
If you are on a budget this season purchase key makeup pieces such as eyeshadow, mascara and blush and keep your basics like the foundation and lipsticks the same as last season. Just don’t forget to invest in a good makeup cleanser!
Parmeeta Ghoman is a writer for FashionTrendExperts.com, a new website highlighting the hottest looks from past and present.
Advertisements and Sponsors
Shop Our Favorite Stores!