Disclosure: This is a paid sponsored post for Schick through Tapinfluence. However, all opinions are my own.
Do you have a daughter going off to college? Or maybe another relative or even a friend’s child? It is that time of year, where parents across the country are sending their children off college and it can be a bit scary, yet exciting a the same time, for everyone involved . College students also need a lot of items, so how about making a fun care kit for the student in your life?
Here is a fun kit I put together for a collage-age girl with items from Meijer and with some new items that I already had. First, I went shopping. We all love shopping right? I was looking for useful care kit items and found Schick razors on sale.
I grabbed a women’s Schick Hydro Silk razor. This has a water activated moisturizing serum included with the blade, and it comes with a handy suction hook to keep in the shower. I also grabbed some other items a college student would need, such as lip balm and nail care products. Then, off to check out I went!
When I got home, I repurposed a neat little cosmetics case that I got as one of those free with purchase kits and had never used. I then added some other new items that I had around that a woman heading off to college would like. For example, I put in a cute set of makeup brushes and some nail polish.
I also included some stickers, BB cream, all purpose balm, a nail file, and a nice makeup palette. Overall, it makes for a fun little college care kit gift that can be given when the student leaves for school, or sent a week or two later as something to brighten her day.
To make your own college care kit, try these tips:
- Pick a theme: Make a kit for bath time, a makeup look, a nail care kit, or a custom shaving kit.
- Use a color theme: I picked various blue items to make my kit look more appealing.
- Find a fun container: I used a makeup case. You could also buy a basket, a metal tin, a glass jar, or gift bag to present your care kit in a fun and attractive manner.
- Keep it fun and simple: There is no need to be elaborate. Just include some items that you know your student will need or enjoy.
- Shop sale items: Making a care kit does not have to be expensive. Use coupons and look for items on sale.
Right now, you can use this buy one get one free coupon to get Schick razors at Meijer, RiteAid, Ahold, and Kroger.
Do you have someone heading off to college this fall?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Advertisements and Sponsors
Shop Our Favorite Stores!