I really, really like the new Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara. This is true both in theory for what it is supposed to do and in actual use. For the theory of it, here is what the Elizabeth Arden website has to say:
Our first-ever mascara infused with Ceramide Triple Complex and Keravis™ to help lengthen, define and revitalize lashes.
- Lashes are longer and fuller, giving eyes a younger, more vibrant look
- Contains our exclusive Ceramide Triple Complex (Ceramides 1, 3 and 6) plus Vitamins A, C and E to help reinforce and restore lashes' natural protective barrier
- Contains Keravis™, a conditioning ingredient known to help strengthen and fortify lashes
- Won't smudge, flake or clump
- Removes easily with Elizabeth Arden All Gone Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
- In two shades, Black and Black Brown
Keravis™ is a trademark of Croda Inc.
For the in practice part, I haven't used it long enough to tell if I am getting conditioning from the mascara, but I can say that I really like the stuff. The mascara has a pretty standard type and size of wand. No gimmicks with this one-- which is fine with me! Although I sometimes get some clumping with regular size brushes, I have had no such problems with this one. The mascara goes on clean, provides nicely defined length, and comes in an attractive gold container.
Considering that this is a perfectly good mascara and one that I would buy based on that alone, I figure any conditioning and treatment from it is a bonus! Elizabeth Arden also makes a Lash Optimizer-Primer with Conditioner that I have not tried, but it looks interesting.
Looking for holiday gifts? You can also get the Lash Extending Mascara, Eye and Lip Makeup remover, and cotton pads in this Elizabeth Arden Mascara Holiday Set.
Elizabeth Arden cosmetics are available online, at various department stores, and at Ulta stores.