I love DIY beauty projects and DIY body scrub is one of the easier ones that you can make. This DIY turmeric body scrub has the added benefit of using turmeric, which is great as a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Turmeric is also touted as a great ingredient for acne prone skin and can be soothing for irritated skin.
I love sugar scrubs too because the sugar dissolves nicely. Both of the sugars in this are great for exfoliating.The almond oil in the recipe is a great skin softener and it also moisturizes the skin. You can substitute with olive oil if desired. Vitamin E oil further moisturizes the skin and also acts as a preservative.
This recipe uses cinnamon bark essential oil, which has a delicate scent. For skin care, it kills bacteria and promotes healing. If you prefer a different scent, you can substituent for a different oil.
Here is how to make and use your own DIY turmeric body scrub.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 almond oil
3-4 drops Vitamin E oil
2 Tablespoons ground turmeric powder
10-12 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
1. Add all of the ingredients into a small mixing bowl. Stir well to incorporate the oils.
2. Transfer to an airtight container and store for up to one month.
HOW TO USE
1. In the shower or bath, wet your skin with warm water and apply the turmeric sugar body scrub.
2. Using a washcloth, rub your skin in a circular motion.
3. Rinse the scrub off with warm water and gently pat dry with a towel.
4. Afterward, apply your favorite skin moisturizer to seal in the moisture.
Advertisements and Sponsors
Shop Our Favorite Stores!