Today Makeup Wars looks at our favorite palettes.
I am a palette addict. I have tons of them, and trying for all my favorites is pretty hard. So I decided to focus on four and they are all from the same brand: LORAC. Then I have a few honorable mentions because I just can’t help myself, lol!
My all time favorites:
The LORAC Pro Palettes: These are my absolute favorite palettes. LORAC Pro and LORAC Pro 2 each are in the permanent collection and have a nice variety of very usable shadows. The shades are universally flattering, and the quality is outstanding. Unlike some companies that seem to use lower quality shadows in palettes than they do in stand alone shades ( MAC being one example, which is why they are not in my honorable mentions), LORAC keeps the quality high. The shadows are highly pigmented and super blendable. I just got the Pro 2 palette and haven’t written up my review yet, but here is my review of the original LORAC Pro palette. A look at all three is below.
LORAC Mega Pro, which is a bigger version of the same high quality is limited edition and already sold out, but you can enter for a chance to win one here. You can also see my Mega Pro review and swatches.
LORAC Unzipped: LORAC also makes my favorite neutral palette with Unzipped. It has a nice selection of good size pans of neutral shades and I prefer it over the Urban Decay products, although are also excellent products. Unzipped simply has the perfect shades for me, while the Urban Decay neutral palettes have a lot of shades that I don’t use.
Honorable Mentions: I also love these a lot!
- Anything from The Balm: They make seriously awesome palettes, although I like the shades in my LORAC ones a bit better.
- Anything from Kat Von D: Another source for consistently good quality in palettes.
- Urban Decay Vice (the original one): A great selection of high quality bright shades.
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar: It has a lot of pretty shades and smell incredible!
- Urban Decay NakedBasics: This one has all neutral shades that I use and it is nicely compact, making it great fro travel.
You can get LORAC and other palettes at Ulta
Want to see more favorites? Check out the links below!
[inlinkz_linkup id=438618 mode=1]
Advertisements and Sponsors
Shop Our Favorite Stores!