OK, so I haven’t been blogging all decade, but I have been using products that long and have reviewed items that were favorites from before I began blogging. So, here are my top products of the decade that I have written about. It was hard to narrow the list down! All links are to my original review either here or on Girl Gloss. These are in no particular order. I love them all!
(1) The Ped Egg: Absolutely the best way to remove calluses from your feet. It is easy, painless, clean, and cheap! For those who commented about wishing that it had a handle, it now is available with one.
(2) DHC Velvet Skin Coat: A wonderful silicone makeup primer that fills fine lines and wrinkles quite well and leave skin smooth.
(3) Cat Cosmetics Lip Liner: The best neutral lip liner ever, hands down!
(4) MAC Cosmetics Dazzle Glass: Shimmery, high shine gloss that lives up to the name.
(5) Creme de la Mer: This cult classic is the best moisturizer for dry skin. Use it for anti-aging, or for deep and gentle moisture.
(6) DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: DHC oil virgin oil based cleanser cuts through makeup, dissolves the gunk in your pores, and leave skin feeling moisturized, all without causing acne.
(7) YSL Rouge Volupté Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick: Simply the best lipstick for long wear, great feel, and bold highly pigmented color. I also equally love Dior’s lipstick, but have failed to actually write much on it!
(8) Kevyn Aucoin Lipstick in Enchantaberry: A great cranberry red lipstick that will look good on a large number of skin shades.
(9) MAC Cosmetics Lustre Twins: MAC managed to come out with one of the few long wearing products that I like. Lustre Twins work and are more comfortable to wear than many other long wearing products, although they still can get that dry, cakey thing going if you don’t reapply the gloss.
(10) Nars The Multiple Multi-Purpose Stick: Use it as blush, highlighter, or on the lips. Available in several great shades, including the ever popular orgasm.
(11) ColorScience Powder Sunscreen: Gotta love a way to put on sunscreen over makeup.
(12) Murad Energizing Pomegranate Lip Protector: This tube gloss is conditioning and feels terrific. It is my all time favorite tube conditioning gloss.
(13) M.A.C. Paint Pots: I adore MAC’s paint pots. This eyeshadow goes on like a cream, but dries to a silky finish that lasts and lasts without creasing.
(14) Revlon Makeup Eraser Pen: A great fix for makeup errors. I have put mine to good use erasing mascara and eyline smudges and mistakes.
(15) PCA Skin PHaze 13 Melasma Treatment: This is the best over the counter melasma and hyperpigmentation treatment that I have used to date. I love the hydroquinone version, but there is one without that ingredient available as well.
(16) Marc Jacobs Cucumber Splash: A light, crisp, fresh scent that is perfect for everyday wear. I love this fragrance!
(17) Kate Somerville Exfolikate: A combo of physical and enzyme exfoliation that is hands down the best exfoliator that I have ever used.
(18) Schwarzkoph Bonacure Moisture Kick Spray Conditioner: Incredible for heat protection and extra conditioning. I have gone through many bottles of this since reviewing it.
(19) The Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Line. Read Part One here, and Part Two here. Sally Hansen put together an affordable line full of wonderful items, including an incredible foundation. I think it is the best overall drugstore line out there.
(20) Nars Dolce Vita Lip Pencil: This lip crayon is creamy smooth and comes in a beautiful, universally flattering shade.