Below is my list of top products that I tried in 2010 with notes. All links are to the reviews. You might also be interested in the Best of 2009, Best of 2008 and Best of 2007 lists. These are in no particular order.
(1) Fiberwig Mascara: This is flat out the best tubing type mascara that I have tried and has become my daily mascara. Love it!
(2) Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot Treatment: This is the best acne treatment I have ever used and is the only one that can clear up deep cystic acne for me in a matter of days.
(3) The Verseo eGlide: I am still in the process of testing this interesting permanent home hair removal device. So far, it appears to work, at least on facial hair and, at under $100, has a great price. It is a bit time consuming for use on legs, but readers report using it there too.
(4) The Personal Microderm: This home microdermabrasion device leaves skin feeling smooth and fresh, while allowing for treatment products to absorb better. I have noticed some lessening of melasma when using it and it has had a great effect on my acne.
(5) Physician’s Formula Healthy Wear: High SPF tinted moisturizer that actually provides some cover, and a high SPF powder, both at very affordable prices, make these items must have summer products. I actually wear mine year round too.
(6) Votre Vu Lip Balm and Hand Creme Duette: High quality lip balm and hand cream packaged together (the balm is in the cap). Great concept! I have already used mine up and need to order more.
(7) My Tagalongs Purse Organizer: The more I switch handbags using this little bag, the more I appreciate it.
(8) Sulfate Free Shampoo: Save your hair color and avoid breakouts from sulfates with sulfate free hair products. I love Tigi Bed Head in the upscale brands and L’Oreal Ever Pure at the drugstore.
(9) Make Up for Ever High Definition Foundation: The best liquid foundation ever. It will be hard for me to find one to beat it!
(10) Make Up Forever Duo Matte Foundation: My favorite powder foundation. It is equally as good as the liquid.
(11) Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes: Make Up Forever is quickly becoming my favorite brand overall. Aqua eyes are the best soft eyeliners out there and they are waterproof to boot!
(12) Lush Solid Shampoo Bar: Interesting and effective. I like solid shampoo quite a bit but now have moved to using all sulfate free items.
(13) Canyon Ranch Moisture Lotion: This is a wonderful light daily moisturizer that I use pretty regularly.
(14) Elizabeth Arden Prevage Day Moisturizer: Prevage anti-aging packaged with an SFP 30 moisturizer. Perfect!
(15) Kevin Aucoin Mascara: Another good tubing mascara. I personally like Fiberwig better, but Kevin Aucoin mascara does have a bit of a cult following.
Advertisements and Sponsors
Shop Our Favorite Stores!